A fundamental part of all your marketing activities - sending and designing your emails. Ready to take your marketing strategy to the next level? Discover how GetResponse’s Email Marketing Software can get you started!
Getting started with newsletters
Newsletters are your one-time emails that you send to your recipients.
- Can my newsletters be viewed online?
- What is the difference between a plain text message and an HTML message?
- Can I code HTML newsletters?
- Can I create mobile-responsive newsletters?
- How to create and send a newsletter
- How can I create messages with right-to-left text orientation?
- Where can I view my delivered messages?
- What is new in the new message editor?
- Where can I see how my messages are doing?
- How to resend a message to non-openers?
Want to see which version of your newsletter works best? Test them with A/B tests.
- How is the best performing message being sent?
- How many recipients should I include in my testing group?
- Where can I find the A/B testing feature?
- What is an A/B test?
- How to create an A/B test?
- Can I test different parts of the message in one A/B test?
- Can I save an A/B test?
- What types of A/B tests can I choose from?
- Can I schedule my A/B tests?
The ability of delivering messages to your contacts might be mysterious at first, but we're here to help you understand it.
- What is click-to-open rate (CTOR)?
- What is DMARC?
- Why do my emails sometimes end up in a spam folder?
- Does the reputation of the from field influence deliverability to the inbox vs. Spam folder?
- Why shouldn’t I re-add bounced emails to my list?
- Why do ISPs recognize messages as Spam differently?
- Why can some emails display as “on behalf of” or “via”?
- What are the best email practices that influence delivery?
- How good is your email deliverability?
- Why do messages sent to my own domain bounce?
- What is DKIM and how do I configure it?
- What are complaints?
- What are bounces?
- Why shouldn’t I use Yahoo!, AOL, Mail.ru email as my “From” address?
- What is Apple Mail Privacy Protection, and how does it affect our deliverability?
- How to find my message headers?
You can design messages in GetResponse with no programming skills. Learn how to do it well!
- How to use webfonts in the message?
- How to add a background image to a message?
- How to create an email that always looks good?
- How wide should my message be?
- What are the footer requirements?
- What are sections in the message editor?
- How to use Custom code in a message?
- How to use Basic blocks to create a message?
- How can I personalize my emails?
- How do I integrate social media with my messages?
- Can I check how the message looks in an inbox before I send it?
- Can I remove or edit the unsubscribe and update links at the bottom of my messages?
- How can I add a promo code to my emails?
- How do I use My blocks in the new message editor?
- How do I send product recommendations to customers?
- How can a contact unsubscribe from my list?
- How do I include the survey link in my message so the respondent data isn’t anonymous?
- What is predefined text?
- Can I embed an image or button within a text block?
- How can I add an ebook or a video to my message?
- How do I use keyboard shortcuts in the new editor?
- How to promote your products in the messages?
- How to change the postal address in the message footer?
Legacy message editor
Want to know more about the previous version of our message editor? Check this section.
- What does it mean that my message has a syntax error?
- What editing options are available inside Email Creator?
- What features are available in the Email Creator?
- How do I add attachments to my messages?
- Where can I find HTML message templates?
- How to use Ecommerce tracking in a message?
Templates are messages with a saved design so that you don't have to create them from scratch.
Before you send your newsletter, make sure to configure it properly.
- What is Perfect Timing and how does it work?
- How do I choose newsletter recipients?
- How do I change the “From” address in my messages?
- What is global view and how do I use it?
- How can I post Twitter and Facebook updates when I send a newsletter?
- What is a “linked list”?
- How do I exclude contacts from receiving my newsletter?
Preloading allows you to move messages between lists.
Bloggers really love this feature. It allows you to send emails based on new articles on your website.
Troubleshooting for newsletters
If you're experiencing issues with newsletters, check possible solutions.